How to restore my files?
Files on your device are automatically stored by default, but there are ways to restore your files and documents if you change or reset your device.
There are four options to restore your files.
- Restore with an iCloud Backup.
- Restore from Cloud Backup.
- Restore with Backup Tool (Support ended).
- Restore from the Trashcan.
1. Restore with an iCloud Backup
- Create a full backup of your old device and restore it on your new device: A Tutorial on How to Back Up Your iPhone
- Restore your files from iCloud or iTunes backup: A Tutorial on How to Restore your iPhone
- Make sure to select "Restore an iCloud Backup" when you set up your device. DO NOT select "Set up as a New iPhone" in the Apps & Data menu ( step 5 of this tutorial)
Please notice the following when you restore the new device with the backup of the old device:
The iOS restoration process has two phases:
1. Restore the system and copy all apps from the app store.
2. Copy all app data from iCloud / iTunes.
It may take a few minutes to synchronize them all if you have a large number of scans. After the first phase is done, users may not notice the app is still under the restoration process and will try to run the app that is still copying data.
Data could be missing if users run an app whose data is still not copied completely from iCloud / iTunes.
2. Restore from Cloud Backup
* Upgrade your plan to SILVER or GOLD version to use "Cloud Backup and Restore"
* Backup your documents to cloud, then you can restore your document from cloud backup (Make sure to create backups regularly.)
Tap on the "Backup" button on the bottom left corner of the main screen.
Tap on the "Restore Documents" option. You can also tap on the "Restore from Cloud Backup" in Settings.
Choose a backup version to restore.
You can choose to restore selective files, or restore all.
An icon will show you the percentage of the backup progress. It may take a few minutes to synchronize them all if you have a large number of scans.
3. Restore with Backup Tool (Support ended)
If you ever purchased a "Backup and Restore" option in our app before, you can use it to restore documents.
- Tap on the "Settings" button in the upper left corner.
Tap on "Backup and Restore."
2. Follow the tutorial below and tap on the "Export" button in the top right corner. Download the Backup Tool on your pc / mac.
3. Tap on "Start Backup."
4. You can choose if you only want to restore selective files, or if you want to restore all.
5. An icon will show you the percentage of the backup.
It may take a few minutes to synchronize them all if you have a large number of scans.
4. Restore from the Trashcan
Once you delete documents or folders from the DocScan, it appears in the Trashcan and stays there for 7 days(Default). After 7 days, the trash item will be permanently deleted in DocScan.
Tap on the "Settings" button in the upper left corner.
Tap on "Trashcan".
Select each document or folder you want to restore, then click "Restore" in the bottom right corner.*If you only select documents to restore, you can choose the folder you'd like to put the documents into.
*If only select folders to restore, then restore directly to the main screen (no folders will exist in the folder).
You can set the time to delete trash items. *Upgrade your plan to the "BRONZE", "SILVER" or "GOLD" version, then trash items remain in the trashcan for a configurable period.
Tap on "Settings" in the Trashcan.
Select the option Immediate, 1 day, 7 days(default), 14 days, 30 days, 60 days, or Never from the drop-down list (Delete trash items in the trashcan if they have been there for over.)